[pct-l] Sorta OT - Reaction to Abby Sunderland's Rescue

giniajim jplynch at crosslink.net
Sun Jun 13 15:22:39 CDT 2010

I'm fine with the thing.  The kid was obviously well prepared and the boat was strong and well-equipped.  When the boat survives a de-masting and the kid is able to get an emergency message out, tells me that (1) the kid was prepared, and (2) the boat was good and (3) the right equipment was on board.  A sixteen year-old can be pretty grown up and this one seems to be.