[pct-l] Abby Sunderland

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 12:26:08 CDT 2010

As I understand it (and I'm not a sailor), it was literally to be a nonstop
(i.e., no ports of call) voyage. In one of her parents' statements last
week, they said they did this to avoid putting a vulnerable 16-year-old girl
in potentially dangerous situations. (Oh, the irony.) On her website, it
looks like she made two stops: one at Cabo San Lucas, and one at Cape Town.
The latter one supposedly ended her quest for the "nonstop" record.
http://www.abbysunderland.com/location-route.php