[pct-l] Who hiked Fuller Ridge this week?

Joel Fisler pct at fisler.ch
Tue Jun 15 14:24:50 CDT 2010

I hiked it last Wednesday, there is not really any snow left, you'll have no problems. Here is the report I sent to AsABat for snow and water report:

Snow:
There is still a bit of snow at Fuller Ridge but just small patches of maybe 20 to 30 feet maximum. Absolutely no problem to follow the trail now.

Water:
- 6/6: Highway 74 water cache: many gallons left
- 6/6: Penrod Canyon: Yucky standing water and lots of Mosquitos.
- 6/7: Fobes Saddle Water Cache: Only two gallons left.
- 6/7: Apache Spring: seems to flow well. Last source till Taquehitz creeks
- 6/8: Taquehitz creek flowing strongly (sometimed till October a park volunteer told me!)
- 6/8: Strawberry creek flowing wide. Then little creeks every half a mile until Deer Springs
- 6/9: Deer Springs is more a river than a creek! From there no water along Fuller Ridge until Black Mountain Road.

Here you can find my trail journal and some pictures of Fuller Ridge and the snow: http://www.pct2010.org

Bye
Joel

On 12.06.2010, at 18:21, Monty Tam wrote:

> I am looking for first hand info on Fuller Ridge hiking conditions.
> I want to do Black Mountain Road to Idyllwild Sunday (tomorrow) with a friend as a dayhike, but fear the snow will take too long to make it as a dayhike.
> Old info would not be helpful.
>
> You can email me direct at montypct at gmail.com
>
> Thanks
>
> Monty
> The Fun Goes Up when the Weight Goes Down
> -Warner Springs Monty Tam
> Lightweight Backpacking
> www.trailjournals.com search Monty

Joël Fisler - joel at fisler.ch - http://blog.fisler.ch

HOME:	109 Muerdago Rd., Topanga, CA 90290
PHONE:	+1 (774) 2FISLER or "joelfisler" (Skype)
CHAT:	fisler at mac.com (Messenger & iChat)