[pct-l] Another view on Abby Sunderland's journey

Ernie Castillo erniec01 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 20:09:03 CDT 2010

Danger, as well as risk-taking, is in the eye of the  beholder.

I can't tell you how many people thought I was bonkers when, in 1980, I walked away from a career as a Southern California sportswriter to embark on a walk from Canada to Mexico. Heck, when I gave a presentation at a community college backpacking class, I had a heckler. ("Dude! What do you think he did for sex?")

If Abby had been successful, we would be praising her, instead of debating her wisdom as well as those of her parents.

Hike you own hike, sail your own boat, and don't cast stones if you live in glass houses.

Ernie Castillo
erniec01 at hotmail.com
248 884 5201