[pct-l] Sorta OT - Reaction to Abby Sunderland's Rescue

bighummel at aol.com bighummel at aol.com
Wed Jun 16 10:52:11 CDT 2010

At Trail Pass, just last week, while preparing to glissade down I was explaining the procedure for my rather in-experienced cohorts. I young man standing nearby asked, "What's self arrest?" He had a new ice axe with little to no wear on it and big sh!t-eating grin. I told him that if he didn't know then he shouldn't be there, let alone using an ice axe and suggested he wait for the rest of his party.  He waited.

Fortunately, in many cases, dumbshits die before procreating.