[pct-l] ALDHA-West Website

bighummel at aol.com bighummel at aol.com
Mon Jun 21 16:38:16 CDT 2010

The ALDHA-West website is temporarily down due to a shift in servers and a re-design of the website. Stay tuned and look out for a great gathering to be held near Barton Flats on September 24-26th in southern California for the first time!  We are looking for speakers and content to show, if so inclined please send an email to Ryan Christensen at yosemiteryan at yahoo.com. We are also looking for volunteers to help us run the event.

Specifically I'm looking for someone to take over the Triple Crown Awards from me (previously Yogi) so that I can focus on running the gathering and other aspects. I'm looking for a triple crowner preferably, but not necessary. It involves simply working with the trophy shop and compiling the sent in photos into a presentation to be shown at the award ceremony, and, of course to MC the ceremony.

Also, if you're in the LA area and want to see Ryan's incredible Living Death Valley DVD, it will be shown at the LA Basin Geologic Society meeting this coming Thursday, June 24th at the Grand on Willow, 4101 E. Willow St., Long Beach. Lunch and the talk are $20 if RSVP'd through the LABGS website at www.labgs.org or $25 onsite. Lunch starts at 11:30, the DVD shows at noon. It is a classic and we'll be discussing some the geologic aspects of Death Valley NP afterwards.

Greg Hummel

" Travel far, carry little, keep it simple, lighten up!"