[pct-l] section o

beth dorothea at onemain.com
Mon Jun 21 20:14:39 CDT 2010

In 1998, my husband, Scott, and I encountered the worst blowdown we have
ever seen in section O.  We were only making one mile/hour as we had to
climb up over, down around, or sometimes through the stacks of down trees.
Eventually we got to snow that was deep enough the trees were covered.  We
gave up somewhere between mushroom rock and Grizzly peak.  We saw no one
else through that section.  And our camera battery gave out so we have no
pictures.  98 was a big el ninyo year.  Very few hikers went straight
through. But it was beautiful.  Lots of water in the southern part. Even
some rain.
Happy hiking
Beth Murdock