[pct-l] WA detour questions for Southbounders

Bonnie Peterson writebon at bonniepeterson.com
Sun Jun 27 10:10:45 CDT 2010

Do the southbounders from Manning Park have any info on the following:

1.Suiattle River crossing:
-has anyone done it this year? What time of day, where in relation to the trail, any other advice?

2.Detour - did you take the FS or Jonathan Ley?

3. If you took Jonathan Ley's:
-is the trail from Buck Creek Pass to High Pass well marked?
-What is the condition of the Buck Creek-High Pass segment - ie are there knife edges?
-How difficult is the bushwack from High Pass to the Napeequa River?
-Along the White River, is this trail well marked and what are the stream xings like?

I'm planning a northbound hike approx July 13 from Stevens Pass to Manning Park, so I appreciate any recent experiences about either the regular PCT (w/Suiattle xing) or Jonathan Ley's detour or FS detour.
Thanks!
Bonnie Peterson