[pct-l] WA detour questions for Southbounders

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Jun 27 12:12:51 CDT 2010

I'm curious, is it the same log over the Siuattle each year, or has
there been the good fortune of having a new log in a convenient
location every year?

If it's the same log, I would read last year's journals. I know for
several years people on foot were sticking with the main PCT route
and not having difficulty. I stayed on the main PCT route last year
and had no difficulty.

On Jun 27, 2010, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Do the southbounders from Manning Park have any info on the following:
>
> 1.Suiattle River crossing:
> -has anyone done it this year? What time of day, where in relation
> to the trail, any other advice?
>
> 2.Detour - did you take the FS or Jonathan Ley?
>
> 3. If you took Jonathan Ley's:
> -is the trail from Buck Creek Pass to High Pass well marked?
> -What is the condition of the Buck Creek-High Pass segment - ie are
> there knife edges?
> -How difficult is the bushwack from High Pass to the Napeequa River?
> -Along the White River, is this trail well marked and what are the
> stream xings like?
>
> I'm planning a northbound hike approx July 13 from Stevens Pass to
> Manning Park, so I appreciate any recent experiences about either
> the regular PCT (w/Suiattle xing) or Jonathan Ley's detour or FS
> detour.
> Thanks!
> Bonnie Peterson

Books I've written:
~ Piper's Flight
~ Adventure and Magic
~ Santa Barbara Hikes
http://stores.lulu.com/dianesoini

We're not here for a long time, but we are here for a good time