[pct-l] Garmin Oregon 450T On Sale

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 18:31:43 CDT 2010

Dear Bill

If you want to save money, you should not buy the DVD at the same
time. With a little study about folder structure of your Oregon 450T,
you will be able to use many Garmin compatible free maps.  As I had
previously posted May 27:

I put a Garmin compatible map at my server for you and for someone,
who have a Garmin GPS. You can download from

http://psycho01.edu.u-toyama.ac.jp/Garmin/gmapsupp.img

I combined the free routable maps(
http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php ) and the topological map of
California (  GPSFileDepot:   http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/ ) , so it
will be beneficial for the PCT hikers.

Your task:
1. Download the file.
2. Make a "Garmin" folder in your micro card.
3.Copy the gmapsupp.img in this folder.
4. Put the micro card in your GPS device.
5. Set the world geodetic system to WGS-84.

I had used sendmap20.exe to combine image files.  The combined map is
not indicated at the computer, it is indicated at GPS only.

The folder structure might be different from my Map60Csx. But if you
send the file in the adequate folder, it will work.

I am at job now, so I cannot confirm file structure exactly. But I
think:  If you want to use Hallfmiles waypoints, your task is to copy
*.gpx files into the root of the micro SD card. That's all.

Do not manipulate the micro SD card by Mac, Mac makes invisible files,
and some troubles were reported.

When you failed to use free maps, then you should buy the DVD maps.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami )