[pct-l] Early flip Flop Weather

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Mar 1 08:53:53 CST 2010

I think there is a passage in the Wilderness Press guide book that
suggests you save the High Sierra for last. I don't remember what
their suggested plan for doing that was.

The word from up north is that it's a low snow year up there. I have
no idea what that actually means. Last year was a low snow year for
California, but the snow in the Sierra discouraged many.

I experienced more snow than I expected in Oregon in July. It was
snow, though, not SNOW. I could see how in some spots, if they had
had SNOW, would have been treacherous without an ice ax.

Did you say what date you would flip to Ashland?