[pct-l] Hiking with Bunions

Kathryn Zimmerman thebaglady07 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 16:32:26 CST 2010

Jeremy,
I got serious bunions hiking the AT.  You could almost watch them grow!  The
trick I found was your boot must NOT RUB the bunion one bit.  I do not lace
the outer three loops on my trail runners just so there is no constriction.
The balls of my feet and toes are free to spread to their heart's content!
It's the rubbing that causes the bunions to grow, in my humble opinion.
Once I stopped the rubbing, the pain went away.  She just needs to be sure
there's plenty of width and room for her feet to spread because they will
spread!

Best of luck,
Bag Lady

--