[pct-l] SoCal section hike recommendation?

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Mar 2 15:54:47 CST 2010

Late March would be ideal to see Section A up to the Paradise Cafe in
Section B or the section that crosses the Antelope Valley. The
wildflowers will be wonderful then. It's supposed to be a "mother in
law" year for desert wildflowers (so good you might even impress your
mother in law).

If you don't have to hike on the PCT, you might consider Death
Valley. I'm hoping to go to see the flowers there this year.

I hiked up to 7000 feet in the mountains near Ojai (hour and a half
west of Los Angeles) on Sunday and it was a winter wonderland.
Similar biome that you see near Vincent Gap on the PCT. I felt
homesick for the PCT.

Diane