[pct-l] revision no. 75 to hike plan

jason moores jmmoores at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 3 01:52:26 CST 2010

Jim,

Last year I was part of a group of 9 hikers that flipped to Donner on June 13th. We ran into significant snow which still blanketed the slopes beginning at 7500ft.. The trail stayes above this line for 20 miles north of Donner. Take a look at starting at Sierra City or points north-Belden/Old Station. After Sierra Buttes the trail remains below 7500 until the Castle Crags area(exception:Butt Mountain). Every year is different but last year was a "below average" snow year.

I'm sure that you have considered the amount of time off of the trail that it will take to do that many flips. You may have to move your start date or modify your daily mileage to compensate.

jason