[pct-l] Mount Whitney

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Mar 3 22:07:12 CST 2010

I attempted Whitney in 2000 on June 20. I got scared in the snow at
the cables (on the Trail Camp side) and turned back. Everybody I was
with made it to the summit. I don't know if that year was a normal
snow year or not, but if there's a way to find out you could look it up.

I'm a snow wimp. Tons of people were out there at that time doing the
climb and making it. They had a lot of fun glissading down back to
Trail Camp. I believe it was recommended to bring instep crampons. I
think I would have been okay if I'd had them.

Diane