[pct-l] Fw: Toilet paper

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 5 10:20:55 CST 2010

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Edward Anderson <mendoridered at yahoo.com>
To: Adam Mason <amason.ml at gmail.com>
Cc: pct-1-request at backcountry.net
Sent: Fri, March 5, 2010 8:16:37 AM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Toilet paper

Be sure to identify and then bring a bio-degradable toilet paper product. TP can become a real eyesore if not properly buried. I buried as deep as possible in organic soil whenever possible (bacteria and carbonic acid present there help to break it down)  - under trees or bushes. Pee on top of it before covering hole - that also helps. An organic substitute that I sometimes used when available was that lichen that you will often see hanging from fir trees, or under them. It comes in nearly black and also in light green.   Of course, the best solution would be to pack your TP out with you in a small OpSak, which prevents odors from escaping.
MendoRider