[pct-l] Ticks

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Sat Mar 6 12:25:45 CST 2010

I agree with JJ.  I don't know if east coast ticks are different than west coast ones, but I never even saw a tick on me during an AT thru-hike.  I wore long pants (light colors help you see the ticks) and used a quick spray of Deet around my cuffs and knee zippers every morning.  It seemed to work.  Some folks I hiked with weren't so lucky.

Mango

Subject: Re: [pct-l] Ticks

Greetings,

I find that wearing pants with those zip-off leg bottoms helps. The
critters tend to get caught in the zipper flap.

Jim Keener ( J J )
http://postholer.com/jj