[pct-l] Backpack for short woman

Emily Mathews emmat at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 6 19:08:56 CST 2010

Hi,

  I am planning to hike the PCT with my daughter in 2011 and am researching gear.  I am 4'10 and I am researching backpacks.  I was using the ULA P-2, but the back panel dye is leaking on to my clothes (not pleasant :)) - I loved that pack.  ULA sent a Catalyst to me, but the way the buckles are attached to the straps hurt me (they are not padded with the strap, but are attached below the padding in the straps, so they are plastic alone pushing into my bosoms ... and it hurts .  It doesn't hurt my daughter (much younger, if you know what I mean), and she will use it.

I am afraid ULA has greatly changed the design on the way the shoulder strap buckle sits for all their packs.

So .. any suggestions on a pack for me?  I will need to fit a BV500 in it, and base weight will be about 13 lbs.

Thanks!