[pct-l] Sleeping Bag - For Hot Sleeper

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Sun Mar 7 20:53:29 CST 2010

David,

It is interesting that you find it best to save your largest meal for dinner.  In 2006, I began my thru-hike with this plan, but soon found (about the time I hit KM) that I preferred my biggest meal during the lunch hour and my lunch meal at my last meal before I finally settled down to searching for a campsite in the evening.  Once I setup camp, I than had my evening snacks.  The idea behind having the biggest meal (which was the only meal I typically cooked on the stove) was that it provided me with the additional fuel for the 15-18 miles I typically did after lunch.  Additionally, it provided me with good reason to stop for an hour or so mid-day to enjoy a break to cook and eat.  I found that I did not always want to take the time to cook when I got to camp as I usually spent 60-90 minutes with my journaling once I got camp setup.

I guess our bodies will let us know what works best for each of us.

Elevator