[pct-l] Itinerary help-So Cal Desert sections

Karen Keller karen.kellerford at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 11:46:16 CST 2010

I need to get an early start, plus I would like to hike some of the hotter
desert sections (avoiding the mtn sections that will still be under snow, ie
Fuller Rdige and Baden Powell and maybe Laguna Mtn) from March 28-April 22.
I figure I will not only benefit from milder weather and more water, but I
may get to see the wildflowers in Mojave or Anza B. that I'd otherwise
miss.I live here and have transportation support, so anything is possible in
any order. What would be ideal? I am  only guessing. This is my first time.
I was thinking about doing the mojave first (but I don't know where I
should begin or end). After that, I can get a ride home to Idyllwild and
then start at hwy 74 and hike southbound. By the time I get to Mt Laguna any
snow should be gone. Once I get to Campo I'll get a ride to kick off. Or,
after the mojave, I can get a ride to campo and hike northbound to 74, then
drive back to kick off. I was thinking after the kick off I'd start at hwy
74 and go north as soon as it is possible. Bottom line is I need to be done
with a month on the trail before the kick off but avoid snow. Suggestions
Please?