[pct-l] Hard returns [OT]

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Mon Mar 8 12:46:16 CST 2010

I don't know about you but I choose to use ThunderBird and download all
my email and view my email with TB.
As I've said, some messages don't display properly in TB, and that
generally is my problem, not the sender's.

I don't recall an instance of receiving an email with a very wide table
that did not display properly. OTOH, when some people send simple
tables, the spacing is off when I view it -- probably because the
message was sent with fixed width text, and TB is displaying it in
proportional width text.

There's another glitch in TB that doesn't display some characters
correctly which seems to be a function of the specific version of font
and character encoding used in the message. This is a known defect in TB
and we TB users bitch to Mozilla about it; not the senders of the
various emails.

Happy trails.

Tortoise

Because truth matters"