[pct-l] Snow Course--Southern California

Halfmile list at lon.net
Mon Mar 8 16:42:31 CST 2010

Hi Ned.
I hope the Southern California Snow Course happens. I'm really looking
forward to attending and improving my snow skills.
It seems like when hikers reach the San Jacinto's many are caught off
guard by the snow and many skip up to Black Mountain Road. I know of
one thru hiker in 2009 who was so unnerved by snow they left the trail
at Saddle Junction and ended the hike there.
Having the course the week after kickoff in the San Jacinto's is a
great idea. Hikers can learn about snow travel and also check out
conditions in the San Jacinto's at the same time.
I will be driving up from San Diego to attend the course and have room
in my car for a few hikers if someone needs a ride from Warner Springs
or someplace else in Section A, just send me an email.
-Halfmile
halfmile at pctmap dot net