[pct-l] Things I wish someone had told me before I started my thru-hike:

ambery-80243 at mypacks.net ambery-80243 at mypacks.net
Tue Mar 9 11:23:53 CST 2010

I agree with Steel-Eye on this one.  I walked the first 700 miles of trail in between the kick-off and the early starters.  I spent most of my time on the trail alone.  In fact, I only spent 4 or 5 days hiking with anyone.  The whole experience was outstanding, but if you happen to end up in a situation like I did, then there HAS to be something more than just the people.  I went for the trail itself, the outdoor experience, and to see the changes unfold as I went north.  While there are a lot of amazing hikers and angels and a certain kinship, it is so much more.