[pct-l] PCT 'Mistake'

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 23:10:45 CST 2010

 Some advice I got years ago,  Rules for if you are thinking of quitting the
trail:

1) never make the decision in town

2) if you make the decision to quit, wait three days before quitting

3) the 3 days can't be in town - they must be on trail

4) if after 3 trail days you still want to quit then do it

I've met several hikers that were sorry they quit after they got home.  For
many people quitting is the right choice but if you follow the rules above
the chances that a bad day or two will drive you off the trail are much
less.

Day-Late