[pct-l] Unfit to be a father

Jim Bravo jimbravo at wildblue.net
Wed Mar 10 20:01:30 CST 2010

Well done Deems. Not to belabor this thread, but I am compelled to
share. I sent David and Rachel an off-list response expressing a similar
view. I think those of us whose upbringing had a certain sense of lack
may feel this way. I used to say "I wish I had been raised by wolves, it
would have been more social". A portion of my email follows:

Your baby is incredibly fortunate to have the two of you as parents. The
bonding that will occur between child and
parents during a hike of this type will be incredible. That bonding is
what most humans lack. I wish my parents had been like you. Perhaps the
people passing judgment without any real knowledge or understanding
could have used such bonding when they were young. This is just where
they are at.

Jim
Stray Wolf