[pct-l] New topic (off babies) Tortillas!

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Thu Mar 11 10:05:51 CST 2010

Good morning, Teresa,

I resupplied at Independence via Kearsarge Pass with food to get me 9 days
and 160 miles to Tuolumne Meadows.  I bought 80 soft, taco-size, multi-grain
tortillas which were nearly a perfect diameter for flat stacking in my bear
‘can.  They were a name brand – I believe Mission, but I’m not positive.  I
left them in their packages which contained either 8 or 10 per sack -- I
don’t remember which.  They filled about half the height of the ‘can.  I
could have purchased the white tortillas but I prefer the taste of the
multi-grain.

They didn’t mold or otherwise go funky, but that section of trail is
somewhat cool which probably inhibited spoilage a bit.  I didn’t carry many
tortillas on the warmer sections of the trail.

The result was I averaged about 3,200 Calories/day, which was a bit light.  I
did stop at VVR just for a look-see and to pork-up on some snacks, but I
didn’t otherwise resupply there.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09