[pct-l] TORTILLAS!!!

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Mar 11 21:19:31 CST 2010

I was unable to eat tortillas on the trail. For some reason I had a
really hard time swallowing them. Same for fig newtons. I eat these
things all the time at home but could not swallow them on the trail.

Instead of tortillas I carried bread. It doesn't fit in a bear can,
but I didn't carry it all the time. A loaf of bread carries very
well. A friend of mine named HikeOn would crush the bread as flat as
he could lengthwise so that the slices would be thin. He swore it
would puff back up again. I just carried it as is and had no trouble.

Add a jar of peanut butter and some jelly (repackaged in a used
peanut butter jar) and I had unlimited peanut butter and jelly
sandwiches.