[pct-l] VVR2 / using the word 'shady'

Randy Forsland hikertrsh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 10:40:09 CST 2010

The only other resupply point that comes to mind that is similar to VVR is
Muir Trail ranch. VVr and MTR are not like post offices or Trail Angel
resupply points. they have to spend a considerable amount of money to
transport the packages from the post office to their facilities. MTR
requires that you prepay for this service. If you do not prepay, then your
package will stay at the PO and will not make it to MTR. So, MTR does not
need to recoup any costs associated with delivering unclaimed packages.

VVR does not require that..you pay when you pick it up. If you don't show
up, then VVR has to eat the costs associated with the delivery. Perhaps VVR
should implement the prepay policy to keep from offending the sense of
entitlement that some thruhikers seem to have. The world does not revolve
around you. A business has a right to recoup costs. They are not out there
to make sure that your hike and your sensitivities are not offended.

I would hate to see VVR implement this policy, but I get tired of hearing
the trail police whine each season.

Redwood