[pct-l] Bivy

Robert W. Freed robert at engravingpros.com
Fri Mar 12 11:55:21 CST 2010

Homemade out of silnylon. Half zipper. Condensation can be bad. My sleeping bag
ends up fully damp by morning, but not soaked. I put my sleeping pad inside and I
still get pools of moisture under the pad. I only use it when I have too. But it gets used
several times on every major hike.

Sewing your own gear is a great way to spend the off season. I started as a sewing
neophyte, but now a lot of my gear is homemade and better than you can buy off
the shelf. And at a quarter the cost!

Robert