[pct-l] Camera search experience

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Fri Mar 12 13:44:03 CST 2010

I've never had this happen with any other online  merchant; I live 140
miles from the closest city, so have been ordering online  for 10 years. No the
"reservation" was not an order; the "reservation" was made  verbally over
the phone, as I'd done nothing online to place an order, or even  start the
process. He asked for my email address and confirmed that this was a  24-hr
reservation, not an order. He also had to have written down the camera and  2
memory cards I talked about, as I never entered that info anywhere; the
followup email a few hours later clearly says "thank you for your order",
doesn't ask for payment info, and had no link for step 2. In the dialogue they
both kept calling it an order, even though I kept saying there was no
order...  but you read all that.
    One $, 1 vote. I voted elsewhere for $75 less, and  let a few hundred
people know of Ritz's dishonest practices and poor  customer service. I'm
satisfied; my camera from Sam's was shipped out 2nd day  air this morning, less
than 12 hours after my order. It's Fri, but I'm sure it  will be here Mon
morning.

Bob  "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen, and...
Naturalized Citizen - Republic  of Texas

"Government cripples you, then hands you a crutch and says,  'See, if it
wasn't for us, you couldn't walk.' " -- Harry Browne

"If you  think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it
costs when its  free." -- P J O'Rourke

In a message dated 3/12/2010 11:38:20 A.M. Central Standard Time,