[pct-l] Pct-l Digest, Vol 27, Issue 75

James Call freneticmarmot at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 16:33:50 CST 2010

Jim,
The 1 oz Aqua Mira kit treats 30 gal of water. At treating 8 quarts / day,
that would yeild 15 days. I usually estimate everything at 20 miles / day.
Anything above that I get to put in my zero/nero bank! :). So a conservative
estimate would yield 300 mi. These are conservative estimates, especially if
you consider taking the risk of reducing dosage for increased exposure time.

As far as resupply, I purchased two of the 2 oz kits through amazon.com at
$17.00/each ( as opposed to $13.00ish/each for the 1 oz kits) and got free
shipping. The 2 oz kits *are not* dropper bottles, so I topped-off an old 1
oz kit. I will bounce the 2 oz kit ahead of me in my bounce bucket along
with a pair of slip-joint pliers for removing the dropper tips on the 1 oz
bottles, and a small-bore funnel ( an old bulb syringe with the top cut
off). This way I can choose to refill my Aqua Mira bottles when I visit my
bounce bucket. I spoke to the people at Aqua Mira, and was informed that it
has a 4 year shelf life and was heat stable.

See ya on the Trail
Jim