[pct-l] Coming from overseas + US visa regulations

Caroline parablesfromthe_electrichorseman at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 13 22:25:56 CST 2010

Gideon,
           It will depend what country you are flying in from. I'm flying in from Australia and was able to obtain a visa for the whole PCT but the length of time will be confirmed when I arrive in the US subject to me showing enough money to survive in the US for that length of time. (they base it on being in the US for that length of time not doing the PCT specifically so it's quite a bit more than just hiking will cost)
I also had to have an interview with the American Cosulate in my nearest major city.
But it does depend on which country you are flying in from. You'll really need to contact your local consulate office to find out what applies to you specifically. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help but that may give you a bit of an idea of what to expect.

As for renewing it on trail, again it depends on what country you are from to what the procedures are. Just double check when you apply for a visa :D

Good luck!
Caroline