[pct-l] VVR

Ellen Shopes igellen at comcast.net
Sun Mar 14 19:31:50 CDT 2010

I've been to VVR more than once, and had good experiences.  I definitely
plan on going again.  If I had to make any negative comments:
1.  My first visit, I was surprised to find the place was not a 'resort' but
more like a backcountry fishing outpost.
2.  Food is good, but not gourmet...I expected a better grade of food the
first time around.  The hamburgers, etc are awesome.  They do run out of
some items sometimes (it's a heck of a supply problem up there).
Never saw any evidence that hiker food was sold on the shelves.  They do a
great job running the place out in the middle of nowhere!
EE