[pct-l] Using a GPS

Eugene atetuna at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 15 12:32:04 CDT 2010

I don't think you'd have a problem fitting all the waypoints on your gps.
My older Garmin Vista was able to fit the tracks and waypoints for section
A with using only like 3% of memory.  It's uploading maps that's a
problem, but I believe the new Vista has a memory card right?  Just get a
memory card.  They're very inexpensive.  You'll want maps if you can have
them.  You can get very detailed maps from gpsfiledepot.com.  The track
data is pretty nice too.  No need to limit yourself when storage space is
cheap and plentiful.

Anyway, I just ordered an Oregon and a memory card.  I got the memory card
so I can load anything I want onto it, and still have plenty of room for
pictures.

I can't tell you how to use it with your computer though.  I'm a Windows
guy, plus my Vista used a serial cable....up until it didn't, which forced
me into a new gps...ugh.