[pct-l] Big Lake Youth Camp resupply.

Paul Moore pab_lo49 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 15 19:17:39 CDT 2010

I had sent an email to BLYC inquiring on their resupply package policy. Below is an the response I received from the office manager:

"Hi Paul,

Yes, Big Lake
does hold PCT hiker packages.

1.
Preferred
mailing is USPS OR UPS.  NOT Fed-ex.

2.
would say to mail the package 1-2 weeks ahead of time of ETA.

3.
Please
address the package to yourself and note somewhere on the package that you’re a PCT hiker and your estimated date
of arrival.

4.
We
have staff at camp full time from June 17-August 15 who can help you get your
package.  After August 15 we have a few days break and then start up again from
Aug. 18-22.  If you arrive after the 22nd of August, a note on our
main office window/door will give you directions on where to find a staff
member who can help you or tell you where you package is located.

5.
Big
Lake charges no fees for keeping packages.  We also offer free showers and
laundry service.  If you’d
like to eat with us (and we love it if you do), you can buy tickets at the main
office.

Let me know
if you have any more questions.

Jillany Wellman