[pct-l] Use of GPS

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Mon Mar 15 20:51:25 CDT 2010

I wasn't saying that GPS was absolutely needed--I just found it a good tool at the appropriate time and was more useful than a map and compass. Why limit the number of useful tools that you can have?

I have been backpacking since 1971 and have not used a GPS for most of that time. I carry a GPS because it makes my life easier now and I am grateful for it.

--Fireweed