[pct-l] Resupply Food Spoiling

Steve McAllister brooklynkayak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 10:54:01 CDT 2010

Nuts and anything that contains fat can usually go bad. It depends a lot on
temperature that they are being strored at an if oxygen is present,
If nuts are refrigerated they can last months, but kept at room temperature,
not so long.

Dehydrating meals that contain fat can also go rancid. So make your meals
fat free and add the fat when you prepare them on the trail.

The exception would be fats that have been converted into a persevered state
such as dried salami.
If nuts are stored in a container that doesn't contain oxygen, like canned
nuts, they will last much longer.

Dehydrated eggs usually taste weird because the fat has been treated to keep
it from going rancid.

More...

stevie

--
"His eyes were cold.  As cold as the bitter winter snow that was falling
outside.  Yes, cold and therefore difficult to chew..."