[pct-l] Resupply Food Spoiling

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Mar 16 17:36:29 CDT 2010

Not only does some of it go stale but much of it will take on the
flavors of other things until everything seems to have the same nasty
taste.

Mainly nuts have gone stale for me. Freeze-dried Just Fruits have
gotten soft, but that didn't matter.

Things in original packaging seem to survive.
On Mar 16, 2010, at 8:32 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:
> Getting ready to put my resupply boxes together... has anyone had
> any bad experiences with food spoiling or going stale (i.e. foods
> from a bulk bin: almonds, corn chips, dried fruit)?  I am under the
> impression it sits in the bins for a while, but it is being
> refilled as people purchase it... would it be worth it to vacuum
> seal it?!  Your thoughts...  Thanks

Books I've written:
~ Piper's Flight
~ Adventure and Magic