[pct-l] Gil's Country Store

Paul Moore pab_lo49 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 16 19:02:44 CDT 2010

Message: 9
> Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:00:37 -0700
> From: Mary Kwart <mkwart at gci.net>
> Subject: [pct-l] Country Store on Hwy 138 Open?
> To: pct-l at backcountry.net
>
> Hello:
>
> Does anyone know if the Country Store on Hwy 138 near Lancaster, CA is open? I have been calling them for days with no answer.
I have been using the number in Yogi's guide from 2009. I want to send a package there for my section hike that starts next week.

> Thanks.
>
> --Fireweed

I stopped by Gil's Country Store about a month ago to see what they had in way of resupply items - not much at all. Hopefully they will stock up a
little before the wave of hikers comes through.
If you cannot get a hold of them by phone, consider sending your package to Hikertown, about a mile east of the store on the 138 highway. Their website is:
http://mysite.verizon.net/resplj4y/welcometohikertownhostel/