[pct-l] Night light

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Wed Mar 17 19:33:37 CDT 2010

I picked up a Black Diamond Spot this year, and love it. It will use the
lighter AAA lithium batteries, whereas Petzl designs will not as noted on
Petzl's website. Spot's spot beam is super bright and focused, and it has a
wide spread beam also. It has 3 levels of dimming, and a blinking option for
both modes. I recommend it for night hiking.  I have used the Black Diamond
Ion in the past, both models, and they are really superlight but take a
special battery. I picked up some 6V 28L lithiums for it on ebay cheap.  For
lights, go to
http://www.backpackgeartest.org/
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews_index/reviews_index_headlamps.htm
kinda outa date, but useful