[pct-l] Antibiotics

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Mar 21 09:00:38 CDT 2010

It depends on what you are allergic to, if anything, but you need one
for intestinal stuff (giardia) and one for infections (like a cut or
blister that goes bad.) Get him to write a prescription for severe
pain so you can hike out with an injury, too.
Diane
On Mar 21, 2010, at 5:20 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:
> Hey there.
> A good friend (doctor) heard I was hiking the PCT and asked if I
> was taking antibiotics in my FAK. I told him no, and he told me I
> should. He didnt know what kind would work in the trail setting,
> and I thought someone here must know what is good to take in a
> first aid kit.
> Any suggestions as to what I should ask him for? He is willing to
> write me a prescription, I just have to tell him what for. Feel
> free to contact off list as well. Thanks guys!
> Evan

Books I've written:
~ Piper's Flight
~ Adventure and Magic