[pct-l] Antibiotics

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 10:21:59 CDT 2010

After catching giardia years ago I've always hiked or kayaked any long trips
with flagyl on hand.  Also good to have is amoxicillin which is given for
lyme disease if a tick actually burrows in for a period of time, or
bacterial infections.  I also carry prednisone as I have a strong reaction
to bee and wasp stings, and it stops the reaction cold, and is great for
taking care of really bad cases of poison oak.  As little as two or three
pills  is all it takes.  Dealing with doctors and medical establishments who
don't know you can be a real pain when you're a long way from home, and I
just find it easier to get this stuff from my own doc. who knows the kind of
wilderness trips I take, and will prescribe them up front.  Great idea to
have them packaged and labeled in plastic bags at the pharmacy so they're
official.

Scott