[pct-l] question for females...

Kathryn Doiron kdoiron at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 12:55:48 CDT 2010

I've been playing with the Diva cup recently and it really is a great
option.  Put it does require a bit of a learning curve to make sure it
is seated correctly and removed in a non-messy fashion.

When I hiked the AT, I took tampons as well but in the end, my period
naturally went away from the stress of the hike.  It is also perfectly
natural and was great.  Contrary to popular belief, women didn't
normally have periods every month of their menstrating life (due to
child birth and child rearing), so discontinuing several periods is
not detrimental, nor unhealthy, nor de-womanizing (I don't know where
women get these ideas).  One thing to keep in mind is if a woman stops
menstrating because of stress, this doesn't mean there is no ovulation
going on, so pregnancy can be a concern.

kathryn

--
Kayaking gear reviews by kayakers for kayakers
Check us out at http://kayakgearreviews.org/