[pct-l] Rattlesnakes

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 19:18:07 CDT 2010

I've been told by a group of primitivists/survivalists that you should NEVER
cut the wound open and try to suck the venom out like the snakebite kits and
wives tales say.  They say it is very dangerous, ineffective, and will
likely lead to infection.  They say you should treat the wound as you would
any other puncture wound, remain calm, and get to the nearest town to seek
help.  From what I understand, rattlesnake bites that are treated are rarely
deadly.

Here's a half decent article about how to treat (and how not to treat)
rattle snake bites:

http://phoenix.about.com/cs/desert/ht/snakebite.htm

I hope it helps.   :)

-Austin