[pct-l] Hiking Kilt

Bill Shakal bg4ashak at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 16:42:00 CDT 2010

The tan nylon wrap-around kilt from Mountain Gear is really fine.  No
"statements" meant or implied. It's just darn comfortable. Nicely modest,
very light, very fast drying, no chafing.  Worn with a nice shirt, I don't
get much notice "in town".   There is a snap to bind the front to the back
at knee-level for those really needing etiquette.

On the JMT in '07 and '09, I got a few "eyes" from one of the ladies at MTR,
but otherwise, mostly positive curiosity. The respectable Mountain Gear
label is right there in front.

There is a hand pocket on the left and a zip pocket on the right.  If you
like many big pockets you'll not be happy.

They are sized small, so get a size bigger than you normally wear. About
$50.