[pct-l] Help needed to stock 3rd Gate Cache

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Thu Mar 25 09:13:23 CDT 2010

Wow, 400 gallons last year?  I guess this is one water cache that is no longer promoted or considered to be "for emergency and top-off purposes only".  No wonder so many people choose to make camp at 3rd Gate nowadays.  400 plastic jugs of water right on top of the trail, sweet!  Remember those discussions earlier this winter re: LNT.  Don't get me wrong Monty, I think Charlie does a wonderful thing, I just would prefer that the cache not be right on the trail.  A quarter mile off-trail would be so much nicer for those that consider these water caches an eye-sore.  If you need/want the water, a quarter-mile is no big deal in the scope of 2658 miles.

Elevator