[pct-l] Help needed to stock 3rd Gate Cache

Ron Moak ronmoak at sixmoondesigns.com
Thu Mar 25 11:50:56 CDT 2010

Postholer writes >>Water caches on public lands are illegal.<<

Exactly what law or regulation do they violate? Are you in law enforcement
or a member of the legal profession? If not, what is the source of your
definitive statement? If I remember correctly there is a least one if not
more caches that were maintained by the BLM.

Postholer writes >>In both cases it's the individual making the choice for
all of us. Of course, this small elite group knows what is best for us
all.<<

Granted I've not done a definitive survey of the percentage of people who
use water caches vs. those who don't. But it seems to me that most of the
hikers utilize water caches on occasion. It appears that the small group of
people who maintain the caches are doing a valuable service for the majority
of hikers.

To this observer it seems that you stand at the head of that small elite
group that constantly thinks he knows best and is always telling people how
they should behave.

If you don't like caches walk on by. I assure you, no one cares.

Fallingwater