[pct-l] Third gate - water

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Thu Mar 25 12:20:30 CDT 2010

Charlie Jones who has made all manner of threats against hikers for not
carrying bear canisters happily advocates illegal water caches

Charlie is a dear friend of mine...back off. He is one of the kindest and giving of people and I also have never heard him make "threats" against anyone or anything. He has walked every inch of the PCT as a section hiker who resides in San Diego; that's a very hard route and he has probably put more miles on his vehicle than any other hiker.

Anyway there is my defensive backing of Charlie. If you don't like the idea of water at the third gate, attack (if you must) the idea and the site, not anyone person.

are we there yet