[pct-l] Snake bites v. bee stings

Don Billings dbillings803 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 14:20:44 CDT 2010

Jake,

You could be right on the bee sting fatality issue. That might be simply because more people are exposed to bees than snakes, though.

A few days ago in Phoenix, Arizona... two women were out walking at night and got too close to a swarm of Africanized honey bees (killer
bees). They both were covered head to toe with bees according to witnesses and had to be hospitalized. The fire department foamed
the swarm to kill it off. One more thing to keep in mind in the wild west.

For those of you who don't know, honey bees that have not be Africanized are not dangerous unless you get right up to the swarm. But
the hybrids will attack even if you get near the swarm without realizing it. Similar to yellow jacket wasps.