[pct-l] spider bites.

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Thu Mar 25 15:43:50 CDT 2010

In 2006 I recall we had two different thru-hikers that were bitten by what they suspect were brown recluse spiders.  Ladybird (not the infamous Ladybug) was bitten at Upper Shake Campground (just south of Mile 500).  She was forced off the trail for quite some time as a result of the bite.  Apparently the spider crawled into her shoe while she had taken them off to air out and didn't check or shake her shoes before strapping them on.  Another fellow also reported an encounter but I can't recall his trailname off the top of my head.

Elevator